Monday, January 28, 2008

2 Books and a Website

If you have noticed there is a section in the right column of my blog that reads "Book(s) I'm Reading." To be honest, I haven't even started the book that is listed there. I could come up with as many excuses as you would ever want to read. But the sad fact is that as busy as I have been the past few weeks, it is out of sheer laziness that I haven't started reading that book yet. It is called Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands. I know that it sounds contradictory to say that I'm excited about reading this since I have had it for a full month now without even smelling the new book smell. But I don't care. I'm going to say it anyway. I'm excited about reading this book.
Another book that I'm excited about is on its way from Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears entitled Vintage Jesus. If you don't know who Mark Driscoll is then you owe it to yourself to at least do some investigation into his ministry. You may be surprised. You may laugh. You may cry. You may be blessed. You may even be offended. But more than likely you are going to get a mix of all of these. Enjoy!
The website that I mentioned in the title is BiblicalTraining.org This is a fantastic website dedicated to offering FREE SEMINARY LEVEL CLASSES!! Yes I said free. What a fantastic opportunity to study quality material from quality teachers.
In the coming weeks I will be posting some commentary and insights about these 2 Books and a Website.

No comments: