Saturday, July 26, 2008

Church Planting Franchise Style (part 2)

As stated in the previous post I am going on vacation. The answer to question I posed "So why would or should I or anyone else for that matter get angry about Northpoint franchising itself and placing its product only in large metro areas so that people are changed??" will have to be answered sometime this coming week if I get access to a computer. In the meantime Red and Black had an interesting and in my opinion accurate description of the specific example of the north point partners. Anyone else care to chime in on the specific example or even church planting in general?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on Acts 29 and Redeemer Presbyterian's church planting strategies?

Are you opposed to satellite churches in general or just those that exist outside a pastor's residential city? I guess what I mean is are you opposed to NP's strategy because you don't like the vernacular they use in discussing it...the fact they do video messages of Andy Stanley...or you just don't care for their style/philosophy of church in general and you are just pointing out this one area because it bugs you?

Just curious at to your thought process.

ct said...

Those are good questions. I actually looked over Acts 29 and Redeemer as some of the other church planting organizations mentioned in the first post.

I'm still on vacation but the next post in the series should answer at the very least your basic question as to my thought process. The next post should go up sometime this weekend so be watching for it. Thanks